Thursday, November 6, 2014
Antigone Quickwrite
If my uncle was a king and he expected me to leave my favorite brother unburied, I would be absolutely furious. I would definitely try burying him, even if it was with just a little bit of dirt and a few flowers. However, if that didn't work out, I'd make a huge scene about it. I'd run around town and try my absolute best to convince everyone that my uncle is absolutely insane. I mean, my brother should be buried; it's disrespectful to mistreat the dead! Also, I don't think the king should be able to decide whether or not my brother's death was an honorable one. He's a king, not God. Sure, he can be upset that my brother went against his country, but it's wrong of him to try and keep him from being buried. Why is my jerk brother honored? Really, my jerk brother should be dishonored for starting a fight against his own family. There's nothing honorable about that. If my sister refused to help me because she was scared of my uncle, I'd be a bit upset because I'd really expect her to stay loyal to her family. I'd do my absolute best to get her to help me, but I wouldn't force her to do anything. I'd understand that she just wants to stay out of trouble and follow the rules. It would upset me, though, that she wouldn't take a risk for the people she loves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment