Thursday, August 21, 2014

Birth Order Traits

This is my Birth Order Research and Evidence T-Chart. I am an "oldest child." For the most part, I found that the research was very accurate, and only a small handful of the traits did not suit my personality.
 

What the research says

Evidence Showing Accuracy/Inaccuracy
Self-reliant; independent
This is very true. I try to do anything and everything by myself. I’m the type of person who’ll keep trying something by myself no matter how long it takes, rather than ask someone for help (even people I’m really close to). I hate the feeling of depending on others; I tend to relate it to weakness.
Need to be in control
This is ridiculously true. I realize this most while participating in group activities. I automatically try to take charge and tell everybody exactly what to do, but half of the time I don’t realize I’m doing this. Whenever I find myself doing this, I try to hold back a little. However, it never works.
Well-organized
Although I wish it wasn't, this is untrue. I am amazingly messy. I always have crumpled paper and food wrappers in my backpack. It’s so bad that I’m not really sure if my room even has a floor anymore. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to keep everything in its place.
Perfectionistic
I am so much of a perfectionist that it’s sickening. If I mess up on one word, even if I’m at the end of the page, I’ll crumple it up and start all over. Everything needs to look spectacular at all times. I mean, it has my name on it, so it has to look great. I’ve been getting better and I haven’t been freaking out as much over little mistakes.
Patient
This is absolutely not true. I’m probably one of the most impatient people on this planet. I become extremely irritable when I have to wait for someone or something, whether I’m waiting for five hours or five minutes.
Unforgiving; holds grudges
Even though this isn’t really something I’m proud to say, this is true. If I get upset at somebody, no matter what the reason, I hold a ridiculous grudge against them. I remember one time I didn’t eat dinner for three days because I was mad at my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment