The best learning experience I've ever had probably was in sixth grade. My teacher, Mr. Sturgell, was determined to make sure we were always thinking outside the box. He enjoyed having us write our own narratives and add illustrations to them. We also did many projects like creating our own comics or writing alternate endings to stories. My favorite thing he did was a weekly session called "Odyssey of the Mind." We would be placed in groups and we were given tasks to participate in. Some were hands on and some involved thinking. We even performed skits for the class! No matter what form they came in, they were always activities that allowed us to express our creativity, and the most creative ideas gained our groups points. At the end of the year, the winners got little trophies. I liked it because it taught me to stretch my mind and learn to improve my creative thinking while enjoying the competitive aspect of it.
To be completely honest, I'm most concerned about the essay writing in this class. I've never been a great English student. My essays come out decent even after a week of writing, so writing on the spot makes me nervous, and I tend to panic when I'm given time limits. However, I'm extremely excited about all the interesting material that we're going to read and discuss. Hopefully, I'll find myself able to have fun while doing well in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment